Check NTN Number Online
FBR NTN Verification- NTN Inquiry
NTN Number Verification Online - Verify NTN
Checking NTN number online, FBR NTN verification, NTN inquiry, Benefits of NTN, Check NTN number online, verify NTN and types of NTN…such queries we receive on daily basis. Thus, we wish to provide maximum information to the public here. Check NTN Number Online, FBR NTN Verification, NTN Inquiry, Benefits of NTN, Verify NTN Check NTN. There are several ways to Check NTN Number Online, FBR NTN Verification, NTN Inquiry, Benefits of NTN, Verify NTN, Check NTN easily.
What is NTN? Check NTN Online
NTN stands for National Tax Number. It is a unique number issued to an individual, company, Association of Persons (AOP), or Body of Individuals (BOI) for the purpose of taxation and collecting Income Tax. Obtaining an NTN is a prerequisite for filing income tax returns and paying taxes under the Income Tax Ordinance 2001.
Who needs to apply for an NTN?
The following entities are required by law to obtain an NTN:
- Partnerships/companies registered with SECP under the Companies Ordinance 1984 and listed companies.
- All non-profit organizations registered under section 42 including charities, voluntary organizations, endowments, etc.
- All associations established by or filed in accordance with any other law or rule having a permanent place in Pakistan and having more than 10 members.
- Trusts whose corpus exceeds Rs 5 million at any time during a year; and such other trusts as may be notified from time to time by the FBR.
What are the benefits of an NTN? CHECK NTN ONLINE
As a new business owner in Pakistan, you might be wondering what is an NTN registration and why it is important. Here are some answers.
NTN (National Tax Number) registration is a mandatory requirement for filing tax returns.
The National Tax Number, or NTN, is a unique identification number given to all registered taxpayers in Pakistan by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR). This 11-digit number will be used as your legal identification number and must be quoted on all correspondence with FBR and other government agencies.
Your NTN should also be used when opening a new bank account or for all business transactions that involve filing or reporting taxes to FBR at the end of each tax year.
How many types of NTN are there in Pakistan
Pakistan has a large population of NTN holders, and in most cases, the organizations are geared towards individuals. It is important to know what type of NTN you have in Pakistan:
- Individual’s NTN
- Ltd Company’s NTN
- Partnership Firms/ NTN
- Not-for-profit association’s NTN – This type of NTN helps to provide funds for charitable activities; interest earned on their funds is also used to finance their projects.
How to get NTN?
In order to apply for an NTN, you can visit your nearest FBR office. The process is quite simple and will take less than half an hour. You are required to bring along supporting documents such as a valid CNIC, one utility bill from the past three months, proof of address, and a lease agreement if that is rented property.
You can also apply online via FBR’s website iris.fbr.gov.pk
How do you check your NTN online?
There are four ways to check your NTN in Pakistan:
- Visit the FBR website: The easiest way to find out your NTN number is to visit the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) website. The FBR has an online database that allows you to search for any individual or business’s NTN number by name or CNIC.
- Visit the FBR office in person: If you don’t have internet access, you can go directly to the Federal Board of Revenue office in your city and check your NTN number there. You will need some official documentation, such as your National Identity Card (CNIC), and a copy of your latest payslip if you’re employed by someone else. Remember: You won’t be able to get an NTN if you haven’t filed tax returns before!
- Use the NTN verification app: The Federal Board of Revenue has created a mobile app that allows users to look up their own or other people’s identification numbers quickly and easily from their smartphones. If you don’t want to use this option, consider asking someone who does have a smartphone for help with looking up yours.
- SMS “NTN” CNIC number To 8500: For those who do not have access or would like a faster method may text their CNIC number To 8500 which will give them their NTN Number
How long to get NTN in Pakistan?
You can get your NTN within 20 to 30 minutes. It’s a hassle-free process and easy to follow. The documents required are minimal. The process is completely online. The NTN is valid for life.
Check your NTN status by using cellular apps or SMS services.
You can check your NTN status by using cellular apps and SMS services.
SMS Service to Check NTN Status:
You can use the SMS service to check your NTN status. You just have to send a message on 8008 with the text ‘NTN’ and you will receive an automated response along with all the information about your registration status, tax paid during previous fiscal years, and possible refunds that are due to you. This service is free of charge, but you must send the message from a phone number that is registered with FBR.
Cellular Apps to Check NTN Status:
You can also use cellular apps like ‘IRIS Mobile’ to check your NTN status. You just have to open the app and input your CNIC or Passport number along with your full name. The process will take a few moments, and then it will give you all the details about your tax profile as well as other important information such as refunds that are due to you, etc
Importance of NTN for Individuals and Companies
In order to process tax deductions and other benefits, Pakistan’s Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) requires all businesses and individuals to obtain a National Tax Number (NTN). This is a unique number that can only be assigned to one person or company and will be the legal identifier that you’ll use in future tax filings. In addition to the obvious purpose of filing and paying taxes, your NTN is also required for opening bank accounts, getting national identification cards (CNIC), applying for business licenses, and many other processes.