Online NTN verification by CNIC from FBR
Inquiry for NTN verification online via CNIC from FBR can be done, and you can check & verify your FBR NTN number through the FBR e.portal, easily. Using your CNIC number, you can check the National Tax Number (NTN) within 5 minutes, as described under:
- Visit the FBR website at https://e.fbr.gov.pk
- To search taxpayers, click on “Search Taxpayers”
- “NTN Inquiry” can be found by clicking the tab
- Click in the left sidebar on “taxpayer Profile Inquiry” to check the NTN number in Pakistan.
- From the drop-down menu, select the relevant option.
In the registration field, please enter your Registration Number. (The Number provided by FBR while taxpayers register for National Taxation Numbers (NTN).
- In the CNIC field, please enter your CNIC number.
- The captcha should be provided against the “Captcha” field.
- Once you have provided information, click “Submit”.
What are the duties of NTN holders?
The primary duty of an NTN holder is to file their annual income tax returns with the Federal Board of Revenue by the due date.
If you have an NTN, the last date for filing your return is 30th September, every year. If you have a company, the last date is the end of September or the end of December, depending on your company’s year-end.